We all know, the summer heat is not going away anytime soon. So, your kids may be spending a lot of their time inside the house.
Here are some DIY craft/activities to keep the kids busy.
12 DIY Crafts
-Wooden Peg Dolls are all the rage but it can get expensive to buy individual dolls, especially if you have more than one child. They are very easy to make and the materials are inexpensive. Check out this tutorial to make your own wooden peg dolls.
-Felt boards! A twist on paper dolls… Felt Monsters you don’t have to make them into monsters you can make princesses or knights and dragons. Your children’s imagination has no limits 🙂
-Homemade musical instruments… kids love making noise, what better way to teach them that with musical instruments? Tin Can Drums
-Choose your child’s favorite colors and make these cards. Craft Foam Sewing Cards
-These ABC Game Pieces are a fun learning tool for tracing or letter learning.
-Are you a mom of an infant? This is a great learning tool. Infant Sensory Boards Bright colors, a variety of textures, and fabric colors.
-Two words…. Homemade Playdough
-A Marble Run is a great way to prevent boredom. Hours of fun and laughter with this great activity.
-Make learning fun with this Sight Words Treasure Hunt. Somewhat like a scavenger hunt, but they are looking for letters to spell out the words.
-Always a winner with young children is Homemade Finger Paints.
-The Hot Air Balloon Craft is a really fun activity for kids and parents to enjoy.
-Tic-Tac-Toe is a fun game for everyone. Make this DIY game set out of durable fabric so you and your children can enjoy it time and again.
51 Activities for Hot Days
- Run through the sprinklers
- Visit a water park
- Take a picnic to the beach, Pack lots of cold, refreshing drinks.
- Visit an ice cream parlor
- Fill water toys with ice cold water and chase the family outside
- Go to the bookstore and browse all the great new releases
- Go to the movies
- Read a book together
- Make your own ice pops
- Rent a DVD or stream a Netflix movie for the whole family
- Let the kids have fun washing the car (with your supervision)
- Go to a Baseball game
- Help the kids set up a lemonade stand
- Go to a bowling alley
- Visit a local aquarium
- BOARD GAMES
- Box fans are great for robot voices
- Go to the library and show your kids your favorite old books
- Get the kids together and do a random act of kindness
- Get out the coloring books and color in silly ways
- Play a game of hide and seek
- Build a fort with pillows and blankets
- Do some baking
- Get the kids interested in dusting by making it a game
- Dance (make up silly moves and have a contest)
- Learn a new song
- Have an indoor picnic
- Have a tea party
- Make roads on the floor with painters tape and race toy cars
- Play kitchen and pretend to cook for each other
- Dress up
- Put together a large puzzle (put it in a place where it can stay out for a while and work on it a bit every day)
- Create your own song with your kid’s toy instruments and encourage them to use their imaginations
- Sticker Collage (have the kids put stickers on paper n any way they want
- Take a nap (Hot air can make you very tired. Drink a glass of water and then take a nap with the kids)
- Have a painting party with watercolors
- Play a card game
- Guess what? (put an object in a paper bag, and have your children close their eyes and they feel it and try to guess what it is)
- Grocery Store (let kids “shop” around the house and chek out with fake money)
- Go see some local indoor attractions
- Set up a small tent in the house and pretend to go camping
- Put on a puppet show
- Play with a train set
- Make a craft basket (anything that can be used to craft goes in the basket. whenever they are bored they can get the basket and make something
- Take silly pictures
- Make shadow puppets on the wall
- Balloon toss (make sure the balloon doesn’t touch the ground
- Gather some medium sized rocks. Wash them and paint them into “pet rocks”
- Scavenger Hunt
- Push each of the kids around in the laundry basket (extra points for getting them to help with folding and putting away before the fun ride in the basket).
Extremely hot days can be boring for the kids. Hopefully, this list gave you some ideas for fun family activities to fight the boredom and the heat.
Is there anything not on this list that you like to do on those hot summer days?
Let me know in the comments and please share if you enjoyed this post.