Are you in a mom funk?
Here is some momsperation!
You are not just a mom, You are so much more!
Yes, you are a Mother but you are also….
- shoulder to cry on
- ear to vent to
and not necessarily in that order all the time.
You take on so much as a woman, not just a mom.
Mom funk affects the best of us on many occasions! It can be very daunting and tiring. Here is a little help for my fellow moms.
Quotes for those days you need to fight the mom funk
12 Ways to get your mom power back
- Exercise: even if it’s just for 10 minutes a day. Get yourself moving and grooving. Exercise is a great way to get in a better mood.
- Get away FROM the kids: go take an hour long hot bubble bath or go for a mani/Pedi and let daddy take care of the kids. You deserve it!
- Get away WITH the kids: Take a nice weekend where you and the kids can have a great time and relax.
- Stop, drop and read: Take some time to read a good book. It will get your brain working on things other than dishes and laundry.
- Write a letter to your child: Tell your child all the happiness they are bringing to you and all the smiles you cherish. Then in the future let them read the letter.
- Write a letter to your future self: Tell yourself about all the things you would like to achieve with your family.
- Go outside: even if it’s cold, bundle everyone up and go out for some fresh air and the sunshine.
- Make a 10 list: no matter what the topic, make a list of things you love or hate or a to-do list. It’s fun and therapeutic to put things on paper.
- Balance hip parenting with “keeping it real”: You don’t always have to be the “perfect soccer mom” You’re the best mom you can be.
- Be spontaneous: Do something crazy with the kids. Don’t worry about schedules and time.
- Tell your kids their birth story: at an age where you think they will understand/appreciate the love and amazing experience.
- Go through your pictures: make it a point to explain to your children the reasons that each photo holds a special place in your heart.
I’m not in the mood to mom today
I have the mom funk
My get up and go, got up and went!
It’s gone. I don’t remember when it left. All I know is it isn’t here anymore and I’m not sure when it will come back.
I have absolutely no desire to do anything productive today.
Here are a few reasons I feel this way:
- The laundry pile is almost as tall as my 3-year-old
- The sink has started to look like an abstract piece dedicated to Mt. Everest
- I refuse to pick up the toys in what used to be known as the “family room” because I don’t feel like starting that vicious circle again
- I’m still in my pajamas…
- because I am being lazy
But, I will tell you that when I’m feeling this way I always think of how I will feel when these chores are done.
Feeling accomplished and proud of yourself is one of the greatest feelings in the world. No matter what you need to do, it’s an incredible feeling.
Believe in yourself! Even if it’s just a few loads of laundry or a sink full of dishes. You can do it! No task is too big or too small.
If I don’t do laundry today, I’m gonna have to buy new clothes tomorrow
“Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.”
The biggest advice I can give to another mom to fight the mom funk is:
Get a good night sleep! Please, when the kids have gone to sleep for the night, forget everything else. It will all be there the next day. Take a half hour to sit and read a good book or just watch tv. Decompress from the day. Then, go to bed! I cannot stress this enough. You will be much more pleasant in the morning.
in a society where stay at home moms are referred to as lazy or taking the easy way out. Let me tell you something right now…
You are doing a great job to your child and your family! Don’t let anyone ever tell you that you are lazy or not providing for your child! You rock!!!
You are a wonderful mother doing a great job with your family.
Let me know in the comments what chores you absolutely do not like doing.
What is one thing as a mother that you wish could be easier to accomplish or take less time?
Hope everyone has a great week!!!