In all my almost 34 years I have never heard of anyone asking a mother what SHE wants for Mother’s Day.
Yet, I see so many articles and blog posts boasting about what mom REALLY wants this time of year.
I have read numerous of these posts and I have come to a startling conclusion… they are all full of lies (in my honest opinion).
I only say this because most of the posts that I have read are all about fashionable clothing and jewelry and extravagant spa days.
But, I know that most of the mother’s that I have encountered in my life want none of that! I know what Mother’s Day Gifts I would want.
So, I have decided to write my own post about those things I know other mom’s like me would appreciate this Mother’s Day.
I also took into account the silliest of the internet “Mother’s Day” gifts. Which, I will admit, made me chuckle a little too much.
I had to reel myself in because the internet is a dangerous place sometimes. I found myself in a dark hole of padded underwear and knee high rainbow socks.
Here are a few things on my list that are figurative so to speak
- Sarcasm font: for those times you have to text someone who is on your last nerve but you can’t be as blunt as you would like at that moment.
- A literal THANK YOU for everything I do all day every other day of the year.
- For people who do not have children to keep their 2 cents to themselves and let me parent my child.
- For mothers to just STOP judging each other! Everyone is different and your parenting style is just that… yours.
I am moving on because this list could get feisty.
Some romantic Mother’s Day gifts.
Now, let us delve into a few romantic gifts/things to do. I am not one for sappy romance but some of these are nice.
- A weekend getaway: Now I’ve had a few of these and depending on where you go, it can be a lot of fun.
Links of Love Necklace honestly I know I said I didn’t want jewelry, but if I had to pick something this would definitely be the one. This is such a simple yet beautiful piece and the contrast is so pretty to me.
Tea Bag Pocket Mug I mean what is better than a practical gift? I drink at least one cup of tea a day. It is so annoying when I sit down to enjoy my cup and I have to get up to throw away the tea bag because I don’t want to set in on the table as that will leave a wet mark. I’m all about making less work for myself.
Farm Fresh Spa Experience Kit this one is also a little contradictory, But, hear me out. Giving mom a spa gift card puts a time limit on her gift and she feels pressured (I know I would). This puts the decisions in her hands as to when she wants to do this and it’s more relaxing in your own home.
Upcycled Indonesian Batik Bag this is an awesomely cute, large bag that can fit all your mom stuff but still look nice.
Okay, that’s enough of that.
Let us get to the fun part (at least it was fun for me to find all these silly things).
Alrightie, I’m going to start off with one that is sure to please any mom who has to deal with their significant other or teenagers.
- The BS button because “bullshit”.
- Bandelettes Now when I first saw these I thought it was a joke…. they are real. And after further inspection, they make sense, but certainly not as a mother’s day gift!
- Novel-teas going back to the cute tea bag pocket mug… these are NOVEL-TEAS 🙂 In their words ”bookish tea bags tagged with wry quotes from literary greats”.
This next one is a “What the what?” moment for me. So I thought maybe you would get a kick out of my confusion.
- The Pee Pocket yes… you read that correctly The PEE POCKET! I have oh so many questions… 1- Why did I find this in a search for Mother’s Day Gifts? 2- In what situation would this be an acceptable way to relieve yourself? And 3- What the WHAT?!?!!
- PMS Relief Supplement I guess… (But, Mother’s Day Gifts?)
- Super Kegel Pelvic Muscle Exerciser It turns out that this particular device is very misleading… it is actually a thigh muscle exerciser… Go figure.
- Instant Audience I could never say it as well as they do… “Let’s face it, you’re a star who deserves your own audience! Even if friends and family don’t agree. You can have your own audience in your pocket with the Instant Audience sound effects box. You will be loved and adored, and always the funniest one in the room. If someone tries to upstage you, just hit the “crickets” or “boo” sound button to let them know they’re not as funny as you.” YES!!!
- Rainbow Head Massager no explanation needed
- Still Swingin’ Juggs Mug I have no words…
Now this one is just over the top….
- Remote Control with bottle opener Why would any woman need one of these? It’s a conspiracy….
- Complaint Sticky Notes Now I like this one. Use this sticky note pad to write a complaint and hang in on the fridge and I will then cover it with artwork drawn by the children 🙂
- Custom Bobblehead I don’t think that there is another thing in this entire world that is more narcissistic than having a bobblehead made of yourself :/
And now I have to stop before I dig myself even deeper into the pits of interweb hell.
I hope you got a nice chuckle and maybe some actual good ideas for Mother’s Day.
Hopefully, you don’t receive a remote control bottle opener or a PEE POCKET for your Mother’s Day gifts!!!
Have a wonderful week and Happy Mother’s Day!!!