Organizing your home can be very stressful. Especially if you haven’t been keeping up with all the random stuff you collect throughout the years.
I know I love to collect lots of different things. I love home goods. Kitchen appliances and decor seems to be my favorite.
So, in order to organize all the things you may have lets go through some of the top organizing tips I’ve found so far,
First of all, I thought I was organized until I ran out of space. But, that is always how it works out. Once you run out of space things just seem to come out of the woodwork. Most things you didn’t even know you had in the first place.
There are a lot of things organized people do… apparently…
- Organized people write things down
- When I write things down I usually wind up losing the paper or forgetting I wrote it down in the first place.
- I try very hard to remember to bring a notebook with me every where I go but that doesn’t always happen.
- Give everything a home.
- My mom used to say “A place for everything and everything in its place”. I obviously don’t follow that as much as I should.
- Obviously, this picture shows how truly unorganized I am, No matter how many times I clean and organize the things on this dresser it always seems to look like this in a few short days.
- Keep up with yo’ stuff:
- Stuff does not keep itself organized, keep it in check
- Always put things back where you found them, this will make it a lot easier to find them again and look a lot better as well.
- Keep only what you need.
- Now, this one makes me a little uneasy. I don’t NEED my Dolphin/Giraffe collection but I like them a lot and I will keep them no matter what. They make me happy.
- Less is more or whatever. Easier said than done… I love stuff!
- Work smarter, not harder.
- If you do it right the first time you won’t have to go back and do it all over again.
- It might seem to take longer but it will definitely save more time in the long run.
- Give yourself a reward/treat when you accomplish a task, to motivate yourself (this is my favorite step of all)
- Pretty much self explanatory
- Keep things you use everyday within reach and those once-in-a-while things out of site.
- Have a donate box in the car for things you don’t need
- Utilize it
- When in doubt… have lots of hooks for hanging things…
- nothing on the floor makes the home look much more organized
- Slow and steady wins the race
- You don’t need to organize everything in one day. Take your time.
Organizing an entire home is an art form.
I recommend this book…
Move your stuff Change your life: How to use feng shui to get love, money, respect and happiness
Move your stuff, change your life: how to use feng shui to get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness
It is engaging, informative, joyful and funny. A must read for those who need to organize in a deliberate way to feel more at peace.
You’ll be organized at more at peace with your life in no time.
That is all for now. Thank you so much for reading. Have an incredible Day.
Allie’s Mommy 😛