Tomorrow (June 8) is Ghostbusters Day!
I have gathered some fun ideas and activities to celebrate Ghostbusters Day with the kids (and a few tips for adults as well)
You don’t have to use them for tomorrow. If you have a Ghostbuster fan in the family, these would be great for an upcoming birthday party or other celebration.
“What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs, and cats living together – mass hysteria”.
1- Mini stay puft marshmallow men…
All you need is large and mini marshmallows and some vanilla frosting to keep them together. Have the kids build their own mini versions of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Have the kids build their own version of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
2- Hire a Ghostbuster for your child’s party. (They are also fun for adult parties as well) 10/10 do recommend. There is most likely a group in your area. They also help each other out when needed.
Eastern Seaboard Ghostbusters (Bill McNeill)
Bill is a close friend of mine and is an all around awesome guy. Very outgoing and has a great sense of humor. Would be a perfect addition to a Ghostbusters themed party.
“Eastern Seaboard Ghostbusters are a cosplay group with a love of the Ghostbusters and the 1980’s in general”.
With Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore)
“Best Group” at Chicago ComicCon
Any of the Ghostbuster cosplay groups would be great for your child’s next party.
3- Watch Ghostheads on Netflix:
“Ghostheads is a documentary that explores the extreme side of the Ghostbusters fandom and looks back at the impact the franchise has had on the world over the past three decades. Through interviews with key cast and crew, including Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman, Ernie Hudson and much more, as well as with Ghostbusters fans all over the world, Ghostheads presents countless humanizing stories that will connect with audiences about comradery, overcoming obstacles, and that no one should ever feel alone or isolated. Ghostheads will show what really separates a fandom from the rest. Every Ghosthead is unique. Every Franchise is its own.”
4- Make slimer goo:
- Add a few drops of green food coloring into 1 cup of warm water.
- Pour the water into a bowl filled with 2 cups of cornstarch.
- Mix everything together with your fingers.
- Add more water/cornstarch, if needed.
- Make as many batches as you need
- Place each batch into small mason jars to give to each child.
5- Make edible “slime”: Just mix up some Lime Jell-O and allow to set in small 1 serving cups.
6- Watch the original movie and make it a game.
Assign each child a word or phrase (Ghostbusters, I ain’t afraid of no ghost, slimer or who you gonna call? etc.) and they get a point every time that word/phrase is said in the movie.
Have cute little Ghostbuster themed prizes for the winners.
7- Coloring pages:
Ghostbusters Day for Parents
Have a nice cocktail and relax while the kids run around “bustin'” ghosts.
ECTOPLASM VODKA COCKTAIL
- 1 Smirnoff Red, White & Berry 50 ml Shot
- 1 Lemon Lime Jell-O Cup 5.5 oz
- 2 Hi-C Ecto Cooler Drink Boxes
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh Thyme
- Crushed Ice
- In a medium size saucepan over med-high heat, add one (1) lemon-lime Jell-O cup and two (2) Hi-C Ecto Cooler drink boxes.
- Using a whisk, stir until the jello completely dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a large measuring cup and chill in the freezer for thirty minutes (30 min).
- Prepare glasses by placing a thin slice of lemon into the bottom of each glass and adding crushed ice.
- Remove the jell-o/juice mixture from the freezer; the mixture should be slimy but drinkable and add one (1) Smirnoff Red, White & Berry 50 ml shot and stir slightly. Place back into the freezer for ten (10) minutes.
- Remove the green slime from the freezer and pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Lemon Lime Gatorade
- melon liqueur
- Mix a large amount Sky vodka with Midori liqueur
- Add lemon/lime Gatorade powder and stir
- Rookies add ice
- Be CAREFUL the electrolytes will rush the vodka into your bloodstream faster than you think.
Drinking Game Rules
One shot of your choice when:
- The protection grid is turned off
- They cross the streams
- Venkman gets slimed
Drink during the duration of:
- Anytime a trap is open
- The Ghostbusters commercial (good luck)
One drink every time you see:
- A knit vest
- A Ghostbuster smoke
- Ghostbusters being “discreet”
- Louis get locked out
- A pole
- Ted & Annette Fleming
- Bogus Science
- A PKE meter
- A hellhound
- Stay Puft
- Religious people praying for salvation
- Ghostbuster swag
One drink every time you hear:
- Pseudoscience jargon
- Winston speak (per scene)
- “Mass sponge migration”
- “Storage facility”
- Egon deadpan a joke
- Ghostbuster theme music
- The Ghostbusters refer to each other by name
For those hardcore drinkers:
- Drink every time Venkman is sarcastic
- Drink every time you hear “Ghostbusters”
I hope you got some fun ideas from this post. Whether it be for a fun kids party or an adult gathering.
Happy Ghostbusters Day!!!